Dining in Kennebunkport
The surest sign of that summer is on its way to Kennebunkport is the reopening of Nunan’s Lobster Hut! Located in the heart of Cape Porpoise, Nunan’s Lobster Hut has been greeting travelers to the Maine coast for 65 years. And you might have to get your lobster fix from Thursday to Sunday nights between now and Memorial Day Weekend, they then return to their 7-night a week schedule through fall foliage season!
Nunan’s regularly tops the lists of the best places in New England to get lobster, and we know it’s true! One of the reasons that makes Nunan’s Lobster Hut the best place in Maine to get lobster is that their family is up early each morning to haul in the traps. You’ll find their boats heading out from the Cape Porpoise pier and bringing in fresh lobsters to serve up each night. Then you’ll find other members of the family behind the stove or cash register throughout the evening!
The menu at Nunan’s is simple – lobster, lobster, and more lobster. Take it from an expert – the best thing to order is their twin lobster special. Served with chips and a pickle, it’s simple and classic. And to turn the simple lobster dinner into a true New England feast with a bowl of their (gluten free) clam chowder, a side of steamers, and top it off with their blueberry pie – a la mode, of course! Don’t forget to hit the ATM before heading to dinner, because Nunan’s is cash-only. But not to worry – they have an ATM on site if you forget.
So this season, add Nunan’s to your must taste list, and enjoy the best of New England right here in Kennebunkport, Maine.
The season of romance is upon us, and now that Paint the Town Red is underway here in Kennebunkport Maine, romantic restaurants are definitely on our minds! Whether you are celebrating Valentine’s Day, a special anniversary, or just celebrating a much needed winter getaway, there are many excellent spots to enjoy that intimate meal you envisioned for your getaway. Fortunately, there are many excellent restaurants that are sure to hit the spot!
Now, you’ve got a leg up by planning your intimate escape to a Maine Boutique hotel, but picking the perfect spot is like the cherry on top.
- The White Barn Inn is the ideal spot to truly wine and dine your special someone here on the Maine Coast. With an extensive wine list and luxe prix fixe menu, you’re sure to impress your special someone.
- On the Marsh Bistro is an excellent option for visitors looking for romantic Kennebunkport Maine restaurants, and now that they are also open for lunch, you can bring out all the stops at any time of day! The intimate dining rooms overlook the marsh, and their touches like black napkins for those wearing dark colors and attentive service are ideal for a special meal. Really looking to impress your other half? Request the owner’s table or one of their other specialty dining tables.
- Joshua’s Restaurant is another excellent choice, providing some of the freshest cuisine around. The really started the farm to table movement in Southern Maine, and they continue to utilize lots of local and organic ingredients no matter the season. Small dining rooms and candlelight make this antique farmhouse a special spot for an intimate dinner.
- Looking for dinner by the fire? Check out the authentic Italian fare at Ports of Italy in the heart of Dock Square.
- Old Vines Wine Bar is another wintertime favorite with a cozy atmosphere, great assortment of wines, and artfully created small plates menu.
- Village Tavern is a bit of a drive from the Maine Stay Inn, as it is located about 12 minutes out of town in West Kennebunk, but the incredible menu is worth the drive. Plus, you’d never be able to tell that this charming building was once a convenience store!
There’s no question that any of these restaurants would be a perfect spot for your romantic getaway, but there are many, many more great restaurants here in Kennebunkport Maine. It’s time to get planning that Valentine’s getaway!