Unlike many other Maine vacation destinations, Kennebunkport truly is a year round community, and that means there are plenty of cozy Kennebunkport restaurants that are perfect for a great meal on a chilly day! Of course, there are a few spots that close for the winter, and that means added excitement in the springtime. The deep freeze and historic tides earlier this month proved why spots like Hurricane Restaurant, Arundel Wharf, and Mabel’s Lobster Claw close up shop, and we hope that their damage isn’t too severe – but fortunately their water was already off and their pipes drained before the “bomb cyclone” descended. But even in blustery winter weather, there are loads of cozy spots to whet your whistle.
It wouldn’t be fair to say the list is comprehensive, but here are some local eateries that
deserve special mention for their intimate atmosphere that is perfect for winter! So when you’re looking for something warm and delicious to whet your whistle during your getaway, consider some of these:
- Pier 77 and the Ramp overlook the harbor in Cape Porpoise and offer a great variety of seafood and land fare in a cozy Maine atmosphere. The view can’t be beat and it’s just a short 5 minute drive from the inn. During the winter, I am particularly fond of the Ramp with its eclectic dining and cozy atmosphere.
- Village Tavern sits in West Kennebunk, but the short drive is well worth it – serving up incredible cuisine at budget friendly prices in a comfortable atmosphere it just can’t be beat!
- Just over the bridge to Lower Village Kennebunk, you’ll find Ports of Italy, overlooking the harbor. Its true Italian fare is something to write home about, but during the winter months, their open fireplace adds just the perfect touch of warmth and atmosphere.
- New to the restaurant scene is Crotux Kitchen and Taphouse, located inside the new Garden Street Bowl, and while you might not think that you’d find a stellar restaurant paired with bowling, you’d be incorrect! This is definitely not your average bowling alley. In fact, I haven’t even bowled there yet – the food is just too good. Run by the acclaimed chefs of Village Tavern, this is the perfect spot for dining and entertainment, and its stunning design sets the stage for a cozy dinner.
- Alisson’s Restaurant is located right in the heart of Dock Square, with a cozy atmosphere that’s ideal for a blustry winter day. Plus, the walk is short enough for even the coldest of winter days!
Now these are just 5 of my favorite spots for a cozy winter meal in Kennebunkport Maine, but there are countless other great spots that should not be missed while enjoying a romantic winter getaway. Unsure of the perfect spot for you? Ask us at the Maine Stay to help you pick just the right one!