The Maine restaurant scene has exploded over the last few years, and that means there are a plethora of amazing spots to check out during Maine Restaurant Week. With new restaurants added to the list along side surefire favorites, there are options for all tastes and budgets.
This year two restaurants in the Kennebunkport Maine area are taking part, with plenty more all within a short drive. Can’t get enough of the prix fixe menus at incredible prices? Check out the list in nearby Portland Maine, which is a short 30 minute drive away! Every year there are so many restaurants on my “must-try” list, and not enough days to try them! But with Maine Restaurant Week lasting a full 12 days, there is no reason not to check out some of these great spots! But since this is an annual event, we can catch some more next year for Maine Restaurant Week 2019.
But this year you can sample a three-course lunch at Federal Jack’s Brewpub for just $15 or a three-course dinner for just $25 – I am pretty sure a three course meal at McDonald’s will run you close to that! At the other end of the spectrum is the Bistro at the White Barn Inn, offering a three course version of their standard prix fixe dinner at a huge discount! It’s around the corner from Federal Jack’s and a short drive from our luxury Kennebunkport hotel (you could walk, but it might be a little chilly and dark at this time of year – it’s only March after all). There’s no question that you’ll enjoy a stellar dining experience. If you haven’t tried it yet, Maine Restaurant Week is the perfect time to indulge!
And since restaurant week covers the entire state, you could eat your way up from the border from March 1 to 12! So get your appetite ready, because these three-course prix fixe menus are offered at $25, $35, $45, or $55, and lunches starting at $15, and they’re only offered during Maine Restaurant Week. And with our Third Night Free Special in full swing, visiting during 2018 Maine Restaurant Week, you can enjoy a relaxing luxury getaway without breaking the bank!
Unlike many other Maine vacation destinations, Kennebunkport truly is a year round community, and that means there are plenty of cozy Kennebunkport restaurants that are perfect for a great meal on a chilly day! Of course, there are a few spots that close for the winter, and that means added excitement in the springtime. The deep freeze and historic tides earlier this month proved why spots like Hurricane Restaurant, Arundel Wharf, and Mabel’s Lobster Claw close up shop, and we hope that their damage isn’t too severe – but fortunately their water was already off and their pipes drained before the “bomb cyclone” descended. But even in blustery winter weather, there are loads of cozy spots to whet your whistle.
It wouldn’t be fair to say the list is comprehensive, but here are some local eateries that
deserve special mention for their intimate atmosphere that is perfect for winter! So when you’re looking for something warm and delicious to whet your whistle during your getaway, consider some of these:
- Pier 77 and the Ramp overlook the harbor in Cape Porpoise and offer a great variety of seafood and land fare in a cozy Maine atmosphere. The view can’t be beat and it’s just a short 5 minute drive from the inn. During the winter, I am particularly fond of the Ramp with its eclectic dining and cozy atmosphere.
- Village Tavern sits in West Kennebunk, but the short drive is well worth it – serving up incredible cuisine at budget friendly prices in a comfortable atmosphere it just can’t be beat!
- Just over the bridge to Lower Village Kennebunk, you’ll find Ports of Italy, overlooking the harbor. Its true Italian fare is something to write home about, but during the winter months, their open fireplace adds just the perfect touch of warmth and atmosphere.
- New to the restaurant scene is Crotux Kitchen and Taphouse, located inside the new Garden Street Bowl, and while you might not think that you’d find a stellar restaurant paired with bowling, you’d be incorrect! This is definitely not your average bowling alley. In fact, I haven’t even bowled there yet – the food is just too good. Run by the acclaimed chefs of Village Tavern, this is the perfect spot for dining and entertainment, and its stunning design sets the stage for a cozy dinner.
- Alisson’s Restaurant is located right in the heart of Dock Square, with a cozy atmosphere that’s ideal for a blustry winter day. Plus, the walk is short enough for even the coldest of winter days!
Now these are just 5 of my favorite spots for a cozy winter meal in Kennebunkport Maine, but there are countless other great spots that should not be missed while enjoying a romantic winter getaway. Unsure of the perfect spot for you? Ask us at the Maine Stay to help you pick just the right one!